RESULTS: Lost 3 pounds for a total loss of 28 pounds
I can’t say I’ve accomplished much in the weight loss and greater-strength-and-health arena during the last two months. I’ve accomplished a lot of other things! Hahaha! But I’m still kind of hovering in the same area I’ve been in for a few months. But there are a few things coming up that I think will help.
- I’ve got a little breathing room before my next deadline so I hope that I’ll stop skipping workouts
- My body aches after that last race, so I hope I get serious about doing my yoga or pilates stretches a few days a week at home
- John and I decided to give up sweets for Lent this year, so I’ll be ingesting very little sugar (mostly from fruit and juice) over the next 6 1/2 weeks
- My friend Kathleen gifted me with a learn-to-cook-healthy course called Foodist
- Only 12 1/2 months until I turn 50! That’s been my goal for a few years – to be my healthiest and fittest ever by the time I turn 50
I will say that the morning after I ran the Round the Bays 10K race, the scale showed me down to 166 – the least I’ve weighed in ten or eleven years! But then it popped back up to the 169-171 area where I’ve continued to hover. Still, it gives me hope that over the next four weeks (i.e., before my birthday), I can lose 4-5 pounds and keep them off and restart the downward journey to 148 pounds/67 kilograms. That was my goal in January 2016 – lose 50 pounds in 50 weeks, going from 198 to 148. I’m still working toward it!
So how are your health goals coming along? Are you seeing patterns? Rather than focus on what’s happening today, check to see if over the last week or the last month you’re getting healthier or less healthy or staying steady. And remember – you and I can hit the Restart Button anytime!! Keep going!! 😀