John had an idea that I should make a big list of everything I'm thankful for this year and post it here today. That would be a long list! But here are some of the highlights, in no particular order.
- A safe journey back to America, and reconnecting with lots of friends and family
- Living in a pretty little town with a great area for running
- Finishing and publishing two short stories
- Getting back in the writing groove and feeling my career is starting to take off
- Eating healthier
- Running faster
- Enjoying wine from around the world
- Blu-Ray movies
- Sending my superhero story to a publisher (who knows what will happen in 2013?)
- iPhones and all those cool, useful apps
- eReaders and all those cool books!
- No more hot weather for months
- The sound of crunching leaves and the smell of wood smoke
- Finding out how much work I can do when I put my mind to it
- And definitely my favorite piece right now – Little Miss Lovesick is coming out in print this month! Woo-hoooo!!!
What are you thankful for? 🙂