A week ago Saturday I participated in my first book signing! It was so much fun! The signing took place at my RWA meeting, the Orange County Chapter of the Romance Writers of America.
I got to sign my romantic comedy Little Miss Lovesick – my very first book. 🙂 And I was one of 16 authors signing our anthology, Romancing the Pages.
What a hoot with all sixteen of us lined up at tables with a line of our friends waiting to get sixteen autographs!
At the signing, I learned several interesting things:
- You should figure out what you're going to write besides your name before the signing.
- It's hard to talk and write at the same time.
- It's hard to appear friendly when you're not talking to the person.
- When you talk about one thing and write something else, you are eventually going to write what you just said. And then you have to fix it!
- Makeup and pretty, comfortable clothes that make you feel good about yourself and then you're even friendlier.
- A nice V-cut blouse looks good…but I began to wonder if my cleavage was showing. My friends laughingly assured me it wasn't. 😀
- Chatting up all the wonderful people who asked for my autograph made for a long line.
I had a great time. I think everyone had a great time. And all I can think of is – I can't wait to do it again! 😀